Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sophisticated Sophia

Definition of SOPHISTICATED
1
: deprived of
native or original simplicity: as a : highly complicated or developed : complex

Recently, I was asked to design a necklace that represented a sophisticated lady. She would have a refined knowledge of the ways of the world cultivated especially through wide experience.

I also thought I'd design a pair of earrings to accompany this sophisticated necklace. So
Oo la laa.. here they are...



This sparkling necklace is made of genuine Swarovski Crystals. They are individually linked one by one forming a beautiful sparkling garland of Swarovski Crystals. As you can imagine, a lot of hours were spent making this special one; each bead represented the knowledge of this sophisticated lady gathered through her extensive experiences.

I've used jump rings to extend the necklace & finish it of with lobster clasp. Something very different then a normal chain as the lady dares to be different!

The name "Sophia" came to me in the middle of writing this blog. So I thought I'll look it up to find it's meaning ....
Sophia (Σοφíα, Greek for "wisdom") is a central term in Hellenistic philosophy and religion, Platonism, Gnosticism, Orthodox Christianity, Esoteric Christianity, as well as Christian mysticism. Sophiology is a philosophical concept regarding wisdom, as well as a theological concept regarding the wisdom of God. (quoted from Wikipedia)

PERFECT! I thought! perfect name for this set of fine jewelry!
For more (up close) photos of her, check her out in my Facebook "Gifted Moments" page. Also join my facebook page (click"Like" for updates & to be eligible for 10% off all of my online products!

Ps: I thought I'd show you some "Sophia:In the making" pics too :)

till then have a Fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...